Monday, July 27, 2009

A RE-EVALUATION OF PRIORITIES....


Well, i know it's been more than a month since my last entry...but here we are. At it again...ready to jump back into the thick of this lifestyle and its issues.

When i first started this blog, I intended for it to be a mix of light-hearted humor, and opinions on issues that i thought were worthy of discussion about this lifestyle.

Since my last post, I've recently had to deal with the death of a parent(my mother). And like most people I took some time to myself both to grieve and try to make sense of the situation. Death is never an easy subject to discuss or explain. It just simply is what it is at times. I have come to a realization that it is not the act of death itself that invokes emotion, but more or less how we react to the situation.

Me and my mother had a very close relationship. Almost like a friendship(call me a mommas boi, i know). So, it's taken me some time to get use to the fact that she is "physically" gone from my life. However, I think what has effected me the most this past month is not her passing, but simply how much I learned that she touched other people along the way. I was so overwhelmed by how many people came to me and said how much my mother meant to them. People who I didn't know, who wrote cards with kind words, or called and expressed there condolences. It was through all of this that i realized that, though my mother lived a simple life; simply being the person that she was helped to leave an impression among many people through her lifetime.

So, here I am. Not a person of any significant social clout or financial status. I hold no PhD or scholarly awards. But yet, I feel that if my mom could have such a lasting effect on the lives of so many people, than who am I to simply squander my days being concerned about self and not attempting to affect any change on the people i cross paths with throughout my life.

I know much of what I'm saying sounds like I'm ranting,but try to hear me out.

I contribute my mother for teaching me a great deal in life. But i feel that she has taught me the most important lesson possible in her passing.

Simply put: DO ALL YOU CAN, WHILE YOU CAN.

And so, i come to a crossroads in life. A point of self reflection, and re-evaluation. Not that I've squandered time(though i must admit i have been in a bit of a rut before all this), but that I utilize all of the gifts that God has endowed me with to leave my mark on this world.

How best do I do this? Well, I'm not one to go into a whole rant on spirituality and social climates. But, I do hope that the things we talk about in the future of this blog, along with the things i do in my personal life will be of some sort of usefulness. Not of some material nature(I ain't trying to teach you how to live financially sound or nothing like that) and not in some amusing way all the time,( No E.Lynn Harris, may he rest in peace). But hopefully what I write, along with my peculiar view on issues affecting not just those of us in the GBLT lifestyle but people in general will in some way leave an indelible mark on the consciousness of those who read it.

I know that many times I've jumped off into a rant here or there. And more often than not, my thoughts may not come off very straight forward, or simple to read. But then again, if Picasso meant to be the normal, then "Guernica" would be as easy to interpret as a kindergarten drawing. (Do your research on that one...lol)

In the meantime, I look forward to continuing to write, perfecting my style, and expressing my views about this world we live in.

I hope you continue to read.

EnigmaBlk

2 comments:

  1. Very well put bruh....and its something that's driven me to further my education and to express myself through writings..... the end result is to Do all I can while I can......but you've already said that.....
    I've been reading your blogs, but i guess I should comment.....more.....
    Be strong bruh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're kindred spirits. I was in the same place and had the same realizations when my father passed last year. Believe me when I tell you; that's the proper mindset and perspective to have. Of course, I'm praying for you bruh...and continue to grow with your mother right there by you...

    ~J.

    ReplyDelete